Friday, November 30, 2007

Introducing the "Quiet family"...

When I was really young I remember sitting in the dentist chair and to keep us occupied the dentist would give us these little piggies to play with while we were there. When I became a mother I made this roll of "quiet people" for my children to play with but they only got to play with it at the doctors office or during church or anywhere I needed them to stay very quiet.

I used to keep the roll with me in my purse. When I brought them out I reminded my children that these people have no mouth so they were very quiet. (that was about 13 years ago...I could never sell them today.)


I needed to come up with an inexpensive idea for the gymnastics auction coming up and this is my take on the "quiet people." I called them the "quiet family."


I found these really cute little boxes...It was just what I was looking for.



I painted the little people with acrylic paint and put a label on the inside of the box to remind the children to play quietly.

I think they turned out pretty cute and I did the entire project in about 1 hour. Total cost for me to make about $6.00 each...Maybe you will feel inspired to make your own memory for your kids to play with...cloth or wood :o)


for more show and tell check out There is no place like home...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin